We provide aerial drone photo and video services for your desired subject or real estate property from any angle between horizontal and vertical, any altitude up to 400 feet, and any speed up to 35 mph. Our drones are GPS stabilized and run on pre-programmed routes, both linear and circular, for optimum stability and repeatability. Our drone photo services are ideal for use in online and printed publications.
How many photos or how much video do you want per in-flight session? We have no limit, other than the battery’s flight time. We’ll take as many photos and videos as you request and deliver them at the end of the flight session. Do you want up to 18 minutes of HD video for your in-flight session? How about 100 or more photos? No problem. (Same goes for our land sessions.)
You may want to consider our post-processing services. Your photos and videos will be adjusted for brightness, contrast, and color balance. In addition, your videos will go through an advanced stabilization “filter” that reduces vibration.
What to Expect When You Work with Us
Here’s a list of what typically happens in a drone photo shoot. You have as much or as little input as you desire in the actual execution of the photo shoot. We work hard to make it easy for you to get the aerial photography you need with a minimum of effort on your part.
- The Client provides a description of the shoot requirements.
- We agree on an appointment; deposit is due.
- We meet on-site and walk through the task.
- We execute the project, working proactively with the Client.
- Upon completion, your balance is calculated and payment is due.
- Your project files are delivered onsite.
- You will receive unlimited usage rights. We perform our services as a “Work for Hire”.
- Post-processing services are available for an additional charge if desired.
- Our drone photography services are far less expensive than a helicopter charter and provide better results.
- We serve Central Virginia, including Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Orange, Culpeper, and King George County.
Where to Use Drone Photography
The sky’s the limit, when it comes to drone use for photography. Here are a few thought starters to consider how drones can effectively be used. Of note, we can program just about any flight profile around your subject. Do you need your video clip to track a moving subject? Our professional software does this.
- For real estate sales, such as supplementing the selling agent’s listing portfolio, e.g. MLS, Zillow, etc.
- Roof surveys, such as for an insurance damage report.
- Photo or video documentation of property damage, such as for insurance claims.
- Documentation of landscape, trees, etc. such as for developers, HOA’s, etc.
- Documentation of property damage (wind, fire, hail, vehicle accidents, etc.), such as for insurance claims.
Real Estate Property Uses, both Residential and Commercial
Real estate agents are using drone photography to help luxury properties stand out, and now even more moderately-priced sellers are requesting these specialized services as part of their listing.
- Real estate agent marketing collateral.
- Photography of residential or commercial properties, undeveloped lots, or large tracts of land.
- Videography of property lines and areas of interest.
- Photography for home inspections.
- Photo documentation of property lines; supplemental photography for surveys.
- Development visioning, master planning, breaking ground, and progress.
Other Aerial Drone Photography Services
Drone photography has more applications than just the real estate market. Many business sectors like the low cost and affordable prices that drones can be contracted for their aerial photography needs.
- Antenna inspections
- Bridge inspections
- Power line/pipeline inspections
- Monitoring land erosion and landscape changes over time
- Crop monitoring/inspection
- Research and development
- Aiding rescue operations
- Artistic: We can help you get that shot that you’ve had in mind
Aerial Photography of People and Events
Who doesn’t want to get the “star” treatment at their special event? Aerial drone photography and videography are not just for the stars anymore. With affordable pricing and compact drone equipment, even backyard events and weddings can get the “star” treatment with drone photo documentation of the big day. Consider hiring our drone photography services for:
- Weddings – ideal for the after-wedding photo shoot
Remember the airborne drone cannot be flown over people and its noise will probably be a distraction. We plan to add a drone with a telephoto lens by June, which will provide a greater stand-off distance and less distraction.
- Let me create your Facebook photo album and YouTube videos.
- For example, visit www.facebook.com/michael.mccord.94
- Certified reports, such as for legal evidence.
- Land photography (with a camera).
- Interior photography. For example, real estate property portfolios.
- Interior stabilized (glide) surveys, ideal for real estate portfolios.
- We fly during daylight hours, Monday through Saturday.
- Sunday hours are available by appointment.
- Call Mike at 540-693-0377 or contact us through FAD-Photo.com for an appointment.
We fly according to FAA regulations and based on our operating drone specifications.
- We provide outdoor flights only; daylight hours only; and for best results when visibility is greater than 3 miles.
- We fly a maximum altitude above ground level of 400 feet; our drones cannot be operated directly over people.
- We can operate within 400 feet of structures that are higher than 400 feet above ground level.
- Weather conditions for shoots: no rain; temperature of 32 to 100° F; and for best results wind speed less than 6 mph.
- We will (try to) get airport and heliport permission, which is required for operations inside their 5-mile radius.
- The drone must be visible to the drone pilot and visual observer at all times during a shoot.
- Drone flight time is: 16-18 minutes, which is the typical battery capacity. We carry multiple batteries for longer shoots.
- Our equipment cannot enter no-flight zones, such as around Washington, DC.
- We cannot fly near EMI/RFI sources that affect the drone’s navigation.
Our Drone Equipment and Software
We’ve invested heavily in our equipment and software so you don’t need to. This assures that you get great photos and super smooth videos.
Drone photo/video: Sony Exmor R sensor, 12 Megapixels, 3-axis stabilized
- Aerial photos – 12 MP photos (4000×3000 pixels), raw and jpg formats
- Aerial videos – up to 4k videos (4096×2160 pixels), 2.7k, 1080p, and 720p, mp4 and mov formats
- (1080p satisfies most requirements)
Land photo/video: Nikon D7000 DSLR
- Land photos – 16 MP photos (4928×3264 pixels), raw and jpg formats
- Land videos – up to 1080p videos (1920×1080 pixels), mov format
Ready to Get Started?
It’s easy to schedule your aerial drone photography appointment. Just call Mike at 540-693-0377 or contact us through the FAD-Photo.com website contact form for an appointment. We’ll get back with you in less than 24 hours. We’re glad to give price quotes by phone.